Lovely, refreshing, and easy. And delicious! I agree, it definitely needs to be seasoned with pepper, freshly ground.
Arugula, Fennel, and Avocado Salad
The spicy arugula is complemented by refreshing fennel and creamy avocado.
Yield: 8 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 93
- Calories from fat: 72%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 6.1g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 186mg
- Calcium: 93mg
- 6 cups trimmed arugula (about 4 ounces)
- 4 cups thinly sliced fennel bulb (about 2 small bulbs)
- 1 3/4 cups sliced peeled avocado (about 1 small)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Combine all ingredients except the cheese; toss gently to coat.
- Divide the salad among 8 salad plates. Sprinkle the cheese evenly among salads.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note