This was really easy to make and we really enjoyed it. I served with a medly of veggies and some fresh Lamb Sausage from Whole Foods toppped with baby bella mushrooms in a broth reduction with cream sauce. I have made Farro a couple of times before but this is by far the best. (i love risotto)
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 474
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrate: 69g
- Sugars: 7g
- Fiber: 9g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Sodium: 640mg
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 cups farro
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 bunches arugula, thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the farro and wine and cook, stirring, until the wine is absorbed.
Stir in the broth, 1 cup at a time (waiting until each addition of broth is absorbed before adding the next), and cook, stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes total.
Stir in the arugula and Parmesan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note