Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 1/2 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) yeast
- Mix the yeast with 3 cups of warm water. (Not too hot)
- After the yeast dissolves add 3 cups of flour, mix add the salt, mix and now add the
- addtional flour.
- Just mix it all together and place in a 5 quart oiled (with evoo) bowl. Cover with a towel
- and let rise about 2 hours. It will double in size.
- This makes about 3 loaves so divide dough. If you are not going to make all loaves at once, simply
- place dough in a container and keep in fridge. Keeps for a few weeks.
- Shape dough into a loaf and place on baking stone in oven. Make sure the stone is dusted with
- corn meal. Bake at 450 for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool completely.
- This is some very very good bread!!!
- When using dough from fridge, be sure to bring the dough to room temp for about 45 minutes
- before baking.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MandySiddons and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Artisan Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers