This dish had too much parsley in it for my liking and ended up taking away from the other flavors, so much in fact I couldn't taste anything else. I decided not to fill the artichokes because I didn't want to lose a lot of edible leaves. Artichokes aren't cheap!!! This dish was a pretty big disappointment!
Artichokes with Pesto-Cannellini Spread
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 286
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 14.9g
- Carbohydrate: 46.8g
- Fiber: 10.3g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 5.9mg
- Sodium: 558mg
- Calcium: 214mg
- 3 medium artichokes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (16-ounce) can cannellini or other white beans, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon commercial pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Cut off stems of artichokes; remove bottom leaves. Trim about 1/2 inch from top of each artichoke. Place artichokes, stem ends down, in a large Dutch oven filled two-thirds with water. Add juice to water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 40 minutes or until a leaf near the center of artichoke pulls out easily. Place artichokes, stem sides up, on a rack to drain.
- Remove bottom leaves and tough outer leaves from artichokes; remove fuzzy thistle from bottoms with a spoon.
- Mash beans in a medium bowl; stir in parsley and remaining ingredients. Spoon bean spread into centers of artichokes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Artichokes with Pesto-Cannellini Spread Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers