Artichokes with Browned Garlic and Lemon Dipping Sauce
Fresh artichokes with a dipping sauce are an elegant low-carb indulgence. Since you eat the artichoke piece by piece, you can eat slowly and enjoy the flavor of every bite.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 artichoke and 2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 91
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 16.7g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 28mg
- Calcium: 66mg
- 4 large artichokes
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon white wine Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash of ground white pepper
- 1. Wash artichokes by plunging up and down in cold water. Cut off stem ends; trim about 1/2 inch from top of each artichoke. Cut off artichoke stems; remove bottom leaves.
- 2. Place artichokes, stem ends down, in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish; add water to depth of 1 inch. Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap, and vent. Microwave at HIGH 10 minutes or until a leaf near the center of each artichoke pulls out easily. Drain. Remove fuzzy choke from center of each artichoke with a spoon.
- 3. Melt butter in a small saucepan; stir in garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until garlic is lightly browned. Add water and next 4 ingredients; cook just until hot. Serve as a dipping sauce with whole artichokes.
- carbo rating: 10
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables