- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 baking potato, peeled and cubed (about 12 ounces)
- 8 large green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half, divided
- 1 (12-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and liquid reserved, if desired
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh chives
How to Make It
Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a large nonreactive saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 40 to 45 minutes or until tender.
Puree until smooth in 2 batches in a food processor, adding 1/4 cup half-and-half and half the marinated artichoke hearts to each batch. Transfer each batch to a large nonreactive pitcher.
Stir in remaining 1 cup half-and-half, milk, salt, and pepper. For extra tartness, if desired, stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons reserved artichoke liquid. Cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Whisk well, ladle into chilled soup bowls, and sprinkle with chopped chives.