Artichoke Veal Chops
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 177
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 25.3g
- Carbohydrate: 8.9g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 285mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 4 (6-ounce) lean veal loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced orange, red, and yellow bell pepper
- 1/3 cup canned fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Trim fat from veal chops. Rub cracked pepper over chops.
- Coat a large ovenproof nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chops, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chops from pan; set aside. Wipe drippings from pan with a paper towel.
- Place green bell pepper and next 4 ingredients in pan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in artichoke hearts. Return chops to pan, spooning artichoke mixture over veal chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until veal is tender. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Tip: We liked the vibrant color that the orange, red, and yellow bell peppers gave this dish, but you can use all one color of pepper, too.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes