- 4 (6-ounce) lean veal loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced orange, red, and yellow bell pepper
- 1/3 cup canned fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- calories 177
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 4.5 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 25.3 g
- carbohydrate 8.9 g
- fiber 1.5 g
- cholesterol 91 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 285 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Trim fat from veal chops. Rub cracked pepper over chops.
Coat a large ovenproof nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chops, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chops from pan; set aside. Wipe drippings from pan with a paper towel.
Place green bell pepper and next 4 ingredients in pan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in artichoke hearts. Return chops to pan, spooning artichoke mixture over veal chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until veal is tender. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Tip: We liked the vibrant color that the orange, red, and yellow bell peppers gave this dish, but you can use all one color of pepper, too.