Artichoke Tossed Salad (bacon, blue cheese and mustard)
For a lighter version, use less oil and a sugar substitute for the dressing and toss in turkey bacon. From Karin Graw: Hudson, Wisconsin. Recipe published in Country Woman September/October 2000.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 bunch(es) (1 pound each) romaine, torn
- 1 pound(s) sliced bacon, diced, cooked and drained
- 1 6 1/2-ounce jar(s) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 4-ounce package(s) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup(s) sliced celery
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, sliced
- 6 tablespoon(s) cider vingar
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped onion
- 4 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- 4 teaspoon(s) spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and refrigerate. In a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, onion, brown sugar, mustard, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. With blender running, add oil in a steady stream; blend until thickened. Drizzle over salad; toss gently. Serve immediately. Yield: 20-24 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note