This is a very tasty, easy to prepare meal that looks beautiful plated. I will make this dish again and again, no question about that.
Artichoke and Sun-dried Tomato Chicken
More From Sunset
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boned skinned chicken breast halves (8 oz. each)
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 8 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced oil-marinated sun-dried tomatoes
- About 1/2 tsp. salt
- About 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced basil
- 1/4 cup freshly and finely shredded parmesan
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Heat olive oil in a large, heavy ovenproof frying pan (not nonstick) over high heat until oil is hot but not smoking. Add chicken breasts, top side down, and cook until golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn chicken over.
- 2. Add shallots and garlic to pan with chicken, stirring occasionally so garlic doesn't burn, until shallots are soft and translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add chicken stock, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper and cook until mixture begins to boil, about 1 minute.
- 3. Cover pan and put in oven. Bake 14 to 16 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked through (cut to check). Transfer chicken to a plate.
- 4. Season artichoke heart-sun-dried tomato-stock mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Divide vegetables among 4 rimmed plates or shallow pasta bowls, top each with a piece of chicken, and spoon sauce over all. Garnish with sliced basil and parmesan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes