- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach
- 3 green onions, chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
- 8 ounces whole-wheat sourdough bread, crusts removed and cubed (about 5 cups)
- 4 ounces reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 3/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- calories 292
- fat 11.3 g
- satfat 4.7 g
- monofat 1.8 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 19 g
- carbohydrate 28 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 145 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 584 mg
- calcium 405 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Cook spinach in microwave according to package directions; cool slightly. Place spinach in a clean kitchen towel. Squeeze dry.
Combine spinach and next 4 ingredients (through Monterey Jack cheese) in a large bowl; toss. Arrange bread mixture in a broiler-safe 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
Combine milk, Dijon, pepper, nutmeg, and eggs in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture. Bake at 375° for 38 minutes or until set. Turn broiler to high (do not remove pan from oven). Broil 4 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.