Wow. What a combination! Spinach ,artichokes and yummy cheese. It was like eating spinach & artichoke dip in pasta Like another reviewer I used ricotta and the whole box of spinach. I made the pepperoncini sauce but wasn't much impressed with that but I did give it 5 stars because the shells themselves were so awesome. I will definitely make this recipe again!
Artichoke, Spinach, and Feta Stuffed Shells
To fill the shells, simply spoon the cheese mixture into a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; squeeze out the air. Snip a one-inch hole in one corner of the bag, and pipe the filling into the shells.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 394
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 12.4g
- Saturated fat: 7.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 21.3g
- Carbohydrate: 48.9g
- Fiber: 8.7g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 954mg
- Calcium: 455mg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped pepperoncini peppers
- 1 (28-ounce) can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes with added puree (such as Progresso)
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 1/2 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 20 cooked jumbo shell pasta (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat; cook 12 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup provolone and the next 6 ingredients (through garlic) in a medium bowl. Spoon or pipe about 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese mixture into each pasta shell; place stuffed shells in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon tomato mixture over shells; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup provolone. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note