Artichoke Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl
Very attractive dish, and easy to clean up. Healthy and veggie-filled. From Ella Homel: Chicago, Illinois. Recipe published in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009. Reduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe. If any of the dip does not fit in bread shell, bake, uncovered, in a greased small baking dish until heated through.
- 3 7 1/2-ounce jar(s) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 4-ounce can(s) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 10-ounce package(s) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup(s) (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 1-pound round loaf rye or pumpernickel bread
- • In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut a thin slice off the top of bread. Hollow out the bottom half, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cut removed bread into 1-in. cubes.
- • Place cubes on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until golden, stirring once.
- Place bread shell on an ungreased baking sheet. Spoon dip into bread shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 4 cups.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note