- Pastry for 9-inch pie
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash of red pepper
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 2 (6 1/2-ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Line a 9-inch quiche dish or pie plate with pastry; trim excess pastry around edges. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with a fork. Bake at 400° for 3 minutes; remove from oven, and gently prick with a fork. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Combine whipping cream, eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl; mix well, and set aside.
- Drain artichokes, reserving 2 tablespoons oil; set aside. Cut artichokes into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Sauté onion in reserved oil in a small skillet until tender; drain off oil. Stir in reserved artichoke pieces; spoon into prepared pastry. Pour whipping cream mixture over onion and artichokes; sprinkle cheese on top, and dot with butter. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This