Very delicious and easy to make. I would definately make this again, maybe for a girls luncheon. I used a whole wheat pita and marinated artichokes. Next time I won't use as much olive oil on the pita before broiling since it made it too greasy. At first I wasn't going to make the green beans but I changed my mind. This is the first time I ever had lemon juice and oil on green beans and fell in love!!!
Artichoke Pizzas with Lemony Green Bean Salad
Photo: Anna Williams; Styling: Anna Last
More From Real Simple
Other: 10 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 457
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Sugars: 5g
- Fiber: 5g
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Sodium: 1193mg
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- 2 pita breads, split horizontally
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 6-ounce jar artichokes, drained and cut in half
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar (6 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 9-ounce package frozen French-cut green beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Heat broiler.
Arrange the pita halves cut-side up on a broilerproof sheet pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil and broil until crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
Top with the red peppers, artichokes, almonds, Cheddar, and oregano. Broil until the cheese has melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
Divide the green beans among bowls. Drizzle with the lemon juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Serve with the pizzas.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note