By far, the worse Cooking Light recipe I've ever made, and I've made a lot of them. I made the recipe exactly as directed. It was WAY over seasoned and the breading was too thick. I'm going to salvage my left-over artichokes by peeling off the breading. Thank goodness I made this for myself and not company. Something went wrong in the Southern Progress test kitchen the day they came up with this......
Artichoke Pasta Piccata
Tips: Most of the sodium comes from the purchased marinara sauce. If you're watching your sodium intake, choose a low-sodium sauce or make your own. Check the label for a six- to eight-count to ensure large canned artichoke hearts. Cook pasta ahead and rinse with hot water before serving.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 526
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 25.2g
- Carbohydrate: 85.9g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Cholesterol: 116mg
- Iron: 7.3mg
- Sodium: 1247mg
- Calcium: 241mg
- 4 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts (6- to 8-count), drained
- 8 large egg whites
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 4 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups hot cooked angel hair (about 16 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 4 cups bottled marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place 24 artichokes in a colander, pressing with the back of a spoon to remove juice from artichokes; set aside. (Reserve any remaining artichokes for another use.)
- Combine egg whites and next 5 ingredients (egg whites through pepper); stir with a whisk. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. Working with 1 artichoke at a time, dredge artichokes in flour and dip in egg white mixture. Add 12 artichokes to skillet; cook 3 minutes turning to brown on all sides. Remove artichokes from skillet; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Set aside. Repeat procedure with remaining 12 artichokes and egg white mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until hot. Serve over hot pasta and heated marinara sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note