This was excellent - I cut back the oil a bit - but it was very flavorful. Made it for an outside dinner party...lovely.
Artichoke and Mushroom Salad
"The herbes de Provence in this dish dress up what is actually a very simple salad."
Kay Plahutnik, 62, Surprise, Ariz.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 272
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Sodium: 785mg
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1/4 cup port wine
- 1 12-oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and halved or quartered
- 1/3 cup pitted olives, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 1/2 ounces Monterey Jack, cut into small cubes
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar and Dijon. Slowly whisk in 3 Tbsp. olive oil.
- 2. Melt butter with remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they release their liquid, about 4 minutes. Add herbs and port; cook until wine evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Add artichokes and olives to skillet. Cook, stirring, until warm, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- 4. In a large bowl, toss spinach with vinaigrette and divide among plates. Spoon artichoke mixture on top; sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note