Took these to a pot luck dinner and got high fives all around. I had a hard time finding frozen artichokes so I used canned instead. I also added a slice of fresh mozzarella to each calzone. Will definitely make again.
Artichoke, Mushroom, and Prosciutto Calzones
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 5 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 339
- Fat: 6.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 23.9g
- Carbohydrate: 46.6g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 1187mg
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Calcium: 238mg
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, drained, and coarsely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package pre-sliced mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 4 (3/4-ounce) slices prosciutto
- 1 cup tomato and basil pasta sauce (such as Classico), warmed
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add artichoke hearts, mushrooms, and garlic; cook 6 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Combine artichoke mixture, cheeses, basil, and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Divide pizza dough evenly into 4 pieces on a lightly floured surface; roll each piece into a round disk. Let stand 5 minutes. Pat or roll each disk into a 5-inch circle.
- Arrange 1 prosciutto slice over each circle. Spoon 1/2 cup cheese filling on half of each circle, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Brush edges with water. Fold pizza dough over the cheese filling until edges almost meet. Bring bottom edge over top edge; crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim.
- Place calzones on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Coat calzones with cooking spray. Cut 3 small slits into top of dough using a sharp knife.
- Bake calzones at 425° for 17 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with pasta sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This