Artichoke and Goat Cheese-Stuffed Chicken
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 348
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 47.2g
- Carbohydrate: 21.2g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Iron: 4.3mg
- Sodium: 882mg
- Calcium: 97mg
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 canned artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, bottled, roasted, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 quarts water
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir until well blended.
- Slice each breast half lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side. Open halves, laying breast flat. Place each breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle chicken with salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Divide artichoke mixture into 4 equal portions; spoon each portion down center of each breast half, leaving a 1/2-inch border at each end. Fold sides over filling.
- Place a 2-foot-long sheet of heavy-duty plastic wrap on a work surface with 1 long side hanging over the counter's edge 2 inches. Place a stuffed breast half, seam side down, on the end farthest from you; tightly roll the chicken toward you, jelly-roll fashion. Twist the ends in opposite directions to form a cylinder. Tie plastic wrap in tight knots against the chicken on each end. Trim off excess wrap close to the knots. Place a second 2-foot-long sheet of heavy-duty plastic wrap on the work surface; place rolled chicken on wrap, and repeat procedure. Repeat with remaining breast halves.
- Bring 3 quarts water to a boil in a large stockpot; add chicken. Simmer 15 minutes (do not boil), turning occasionally. Remove from water, and let stand 10 minutes before unwrapping and cutting into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Combine greens, juice, olive oil, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl; toss well. Place about 1 cup greens mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 chicken breast half.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note