Artichoke Frittata with Crispy Pecorino
Community Recipe from
- 8 whole(s) eggs
- 2 oz. grated pecorino romano cheese
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 6 oz. pancetta, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 can (13.75 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 oz. baby spinach
- 6 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Warm the shallow half of a frittata pan over medium-high heat. Scatter the pecorino romano in the pan in an even layer and cook until golden and crisp underneath, about 2 minutes. Turn the cheese over and cook until golden on the other side, about 2 minutes more. Crumble the cheese into large shards and place in a small bowl. Stir in the parsley. Set aside.
- Warm the deep half of the frittata pan over medium-high heat. Cook the pancetta, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Wipe out the pan with paper towels.
- In the deep pan over medium heat, warm 1 Tbs. of the olive oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the artichokes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Add the spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and add the pancetta and mozzarella. Stir in the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- In the deep pan over medium heat, warm 2 tsp. of the olive oil. Add the egg mixture and cook, using a rubber spatula to lift the cooked edges and allow the uncooked eggs to flow underneath, until the eggs are just beginning to set, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the shallow pan over medium heat, warm the remaining 1 tsp. olive oil. Place the shallow pan upside down on top of the deep pan and flip the frittata into the shallow pan. Cook, covered, until the eggs are set, 8 to 9 minutes.
- Carefully slide the frittata onto a plate. Sprinkle with the pecorino mixture and serve with lemon wedges. Serves 6.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CKP220 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Artichoke Frittata with Crispy Pecorino Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch