Artichoke, Fennel, and Tricolor Tomato Salad
Notes: If making up to 4 hours ahead, don't add basil; cover and chill. Add basil just before serving, and mix gently.
Yield: Makes 10 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 107
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 2.2g
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Sodium: 493mg
- 2 jars (6 1/2 oz. each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained (reserve marinade)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 head fennel (about 3 in. wide)
- 6 cups cherry tomatoes (use a mix of red, yellow, and orange, each about 3/4 in. wide), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup pitted calamata olives
- 1 cup lightly packed rinsed fresh basil leaves (3/4 to 1 1/2 in. long)
- 1/2 cup slivered red onion
- Fresh-ground pepper
- 1. In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk 1/4 cup artichoke marinade (discard remainder or save for other uses), vinegar, mustard, and garlic.
- 2. Rinse and drain fennel. Cut off and save a few feathery green leaves for garnish. Trim off and discard remaining stalks, root end, and any bruised areas. Cut head in half lengthwise across widest dimension, then cut each half crosswise into paper-thin slivers.
- 3. Add fennel, tomatoes, olives, basil, onion, and artichoke hearts to dressing in bowl. Mix gently to coat. Garnish salad with reserved fennel leaves. Add pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads