Artichoke and Eggplant Skewers
We use frozen artichoke hearts for convenience. Use fresh baby artichoke hearts, if you like, but blanch them first in boiling water with lemon juice for eight minutes or just until barely tender; quarter and arrange on skewers. Serve with Tzatziki.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 45
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 5.7g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 80mg
- Calcium: 14mg
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered
- 24 (1-inch) cubes eggplant (about 3/4 pound)
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- 3. Thread artichoke hearts, eggplant, and tomatoes alternately onto each of 8 (10-inch) skewers. Place skewers on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes or until tender, turning frequently. Place skewers on a platter; brush with juice mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Artichoke and Eggplant Skewers Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This