- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts packed in water, rinsed, drained, blotted dry, and quartered
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 1 pound medium asparagus, tough ends removed, and cut diagonally into thirds
- 1 ounce shaved Parmesan cheese (about 2/3 cup)
- calories 184
- fat 10 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 5 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 11 g
- carbohydrate 12 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 5 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 482 mg
- calcium 121 mg
How to Make It
Rub the inside of a large salad bowl with cut sides of garlic clove; discard garlic.
Add oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper to bowl; whisk well. Add artichokes, tossing gently; let stand at room temperature.
Meanwhile, place edamame in a large pot of boiling salted water; cook 2 minutes. Add asparagus; cook until asparagus and edamame are crisp-tender (about 3 minutes). Rinse under cold water, drain well, and blot dry with paper towels.
Add asparagus and edamame to artichoke mixture; toss. Transfer to 4 individual plates. Arrange shaved Parmesan over each salad. Serve.