Artichoke Crab Paella
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 447
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Protein: 20g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 56g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Sodium: 851mg
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups white arborio or pearl rice
- 2 cups chopped red onions
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 quart fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 2 jars (6 oz. each) marinated artichokes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup (1/2 lb.) shelled, cooked crab
- 1/2 cup pitted, chopped oil-cured olives
- 1. In an ovenproof 14-inch-wide, 2- to 3-inch-deep frying pan (or 5- to 6-quart pan) over medium heat, frequently stir oil and rice until rice is opaque, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add onions, bell pepper, and garlic; stir often until onions are limp, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 3. Add wine, broth, and artichokes with marinade. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Cover tightly with lid or foil and bake in a 350° oven until liquid is absorbed, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 5. Stir in parsley. Arrange crab and olives on risotto. Season to taste with pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note