Artichoke Crab Paella
Notes: For a creamier texture, add up to 1 cup more chicken broth to cooked risotto and stir over high heat until steaming. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 447
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Protein: 20g
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 56g
- Fiber: 7.5g
- Sodium: 851mg
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups white arborio or pearl rice
- 2 cups chopped red onions
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 quart fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 2 jars (6 oz. each) marinated artichokes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup (1/2 lb.) shelled, cooked crab
- 1/2 cup pitted, chopped oil-cured olives
- 1. In an ovenproof 14-inch-wide, 2- to 3-inch-deep frying pan (or 5- to 6-quart pan) over medium heat, frequently stir oil and rice until rice is opaque, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add onions, bell pepper, and garlic; stir often until onions are limp, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 3. Add wine, broth, and artichokes with marinade. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Cover tightly with lid or foil and bake in a 350° oven until liquid is absorbed, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 5. Stir in parsley. Arrange crab and olives on risotto. Season to taste with pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes