- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups white arborio or pearl rice
- 2 cups chopped red onions
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 quart fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 2 jars (6 oz. each) marinated artichokes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup (1/2 lb.) shelled, cooked crab
- 1/2 cup pitted, chopped oil-cured olives
- calories 447
- caloriesfromfat 34 %
- protein 20 g
- fat 17 g
- satfat 2 g
- carbohydrate 56 g
- fiber 7.5 g
- sodium 851 mg
- cholesterol 38 mg
How to Make It
In an ovenproof 14-inch-wide, 2- to 3-inch-deep frying pan (or 5- to 6-quart pan) over medium heat, frequently stir oil and rice until rice is opaque, about 5 minutes.
Add onions, bell pepper, and garlic; stir often until onions are limp, 5 to 8 minutes.
Add wine, broth, and artichokes with marinade. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
Cover tightly with lid or foil and bake in a 350° oven until liquid is absorbed, 20 to 30 minutes.
Stir in parsley. Arrange crab and olives on risotto. Season to taste with pepper.