Artichoke-Cheese French Bread
Ring in the New Year with this amazing French bread appetizer. The creamy artichoke mixture is heaped on top of lightly toasted bread and then sprinkled with cheddar. Recipe published in Country Extra January 2010.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 loaf(s) (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- 3 6 1/2-ounce jar(s) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 1/2 cup(s) (6 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 4-ounce can(s) chopped green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cup(s) (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- • Cut bread in half lengthwise; carefully hollow out top and bottom of loaf, leaving 1/2-in. shells. Cube removed bread; set aside.
- • In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, pepper Jack cheese, sour cream, green chilies, garlic and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Spoon filling into bread shells; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove foil; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Slice and serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note