1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 medium tomato, seeds removed and diced
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese or 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
2 garlic cloves, crushed
5 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 French baguette, cut into 1/3 inch thick slices
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast lightly under the broiler. You barely want to toast them. I toasted mine for just one minute.
3. In a medium bowl, mix marinated artichoke hearts, Romano or Parmesan cheese, red onion, crushed garlic, diced tomato and mayonnaise.
4. Top the lightly toasted French baguette slices with equal amounts of the artichoke heart mixture being careful to spread the mixture over the entire surface.
5. The edges of the bread will tend to burn if not covered by the artichoke mixture.
6. Arrange slices in a single layer on the baking sheet.
7. Broil in the preheated oven 2 minutes, or until toppings are bubbly and lightly browned.
Go to full version of