Artichoke Bisque with Parsley-Lemon Gremolata
Notes: If making bisque through step 3 up to 1 day ahead, cool, cover, and chill; stir often over medium heat until hot.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 153
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 9.1g
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sodium: 129mg
- Cholesterol: 7.8mg
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 onion (8 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) frozen artichoke hearts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Softly whipped cream or sour cream
- Parsley-Lemon Gremolata
- Salt and white or black pepper
- 1. In a 4- to 5-quart pan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion and stir often until golden, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 2. Add flour and stir to coat onion. Add broth, artichoke hearts, and tarragon; stir until mixture boils and thickens, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3. In a blender, holding lid down with a towel, whirl mixture in batches until smooth; pour into a large bowl.
- 4. Return soup to pan and stir over low heat until hot. Ladle into bowls and garnish with spoonfuls of whipped cream and Parsley-Lemon Gremolata. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This