- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 onion (8 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) frozen artichoke hearts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Softly whipped cream or sour cream
- Parsley-Lemon Gremolata
- Salt and white or black pepper
- calories 153
- caloriesfromfat 50 %
- protein 9.1 g
- fat 8.4 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- carbohydrate 12 g
- fiber 6 g
- sodium 129 mg
- cholesterol 7.8 mg
How to Make It
In a 4- to 5-quart pan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion and stir often until golden, 7 to 10 minutes.
Add flour and stir to coat onion. Add broth, artichoke hearts, and tarragon; stir until mixture boils and thickens, 15 to 20 minutes.
In a blender, holding lid down with a towel, whirl mixture in batches until smooth; pour into a large bowl.
Return soup to pan and stir over low heat until hot. Ladle into bowls and garnish with spoonfuls of whipped cream and Parsley-Lemon Gremolata. Add salt and pepper to taste.