Artichoke-Basil Pita Pizzas
Don't let these simple pizzas fool you—they're covered with tasty toppings.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 pita pizza)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 217
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Protein: 12.7g
- Carbohydrate: 23.5g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 499mg
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Calcium: 238mg
- 2 (6-inch) white or whole wheat pita rounds
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) pre-shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Split pita rounds in half horizontally, forming pizza crust. Place pita halves, cut sides up, on an ungreased baking sheet; sprinkle with garlic.
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon oil over each pita half; top evenly with artichokes and remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 425° for 8 minutes or until cheese melts and edges are lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes