- 2 (6-inch) white or whole wheat pita rounds
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) pre-shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- calories 217
- fat 7.8 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- protein 12.7 g
- carbohydrate 23.5 g
- cholesterol 15 mg
- iron 1.7 mg
- sodium 499 mg
- caloriesfromfat 33 %
- fiber 1.2 g
- calcium 238 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Split pita rounds in half horizontally, forming pizza crust. Place pita halves, cut sides up, on an ungreased baking sheet; sprinkle with garlic.
Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon oil over each pita half; top evenly with artichokes and remaining ingredients.
Bake at 425° for 8 minutes or until cheese melts and edges are lightly browned.