This was delicious, easy and fresh. I used a thin pre-made pizza crust, but everything else was per the recipe. The arugula was an especially nice touch. This recipe can be adapted easily. Perfect for a light evening meal and easy enough for a quick dinner. We loved it!
Artichoke and Arugula Pizza with Prosciutto
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 260
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 11.3g
- Carbohydrate: 37.5g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 762mg
- Calcium: 131mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 2 tablespoons commercial pesto
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
- 1 ounce thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups arugula leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Position oven rack to lowest setting. Preheat oven to 500°
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray; sprinkle with cornmeal. Unroll dough onto prepared baking sheet, and pat into a 14 x 10-inch rectangle. Spread the pesto evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over pesto. Place baking sheet on the bottom oven rack; bake at 500° for 5 minutes. Remove pizza from oven.
- Coarsely chop artichokes. Arrange artichokes on pizza; top with sliced prosciutto. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Return pizza to the bottom oven rack; bake an additional 6 minutes or until crust is browned.
- Place arugula in a bowl. Drizzle juice over arugula; toss gently. Top the pizza with arugula mixture. Cut the pizza into 4 (7 x 5-inch) rectangles; cut each rectangle diagonally into 2 wedges.
This updated version of Artichoke and Arugula Pizza with Prosciutto is based on a recipe that originally ran in Cooking Light, January 2007. The recipe was retested and updated for Cooking Light Crave!, Oxmoor House, 2013.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note