- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 2 tablespoons commercial pesto
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
- 1 ounce thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups arugula leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- calories 260
- fat 7.9 g
- satfat 2.4 g
- monofat 3.8 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 11.3 g
- carbohydrate 37.5 g
- fiber 3.8 g
- cholesterol 12 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 762 mg
- calcium 131 mg
How to Make It
Position oven rack to lowest setting. Preheat oven to 500°
Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray; sprinkle with cornmeal. Unroll dough onto prepared baking sheet, and pat into a 14 x 10-inch rectangle. Spread the pesto evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over pesto. Place baking sheet on the bottom oven rack; bake at 500° for 5 minutes. Remove pizza from oven.
Coarsely chop artichokes. Arrange artichokes on pizza; top with sliced prosciutto. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Return pizza to the bottom oven rack; bake an additional 6 minutes or until crust is browned.
Place arugula in a bowl. Drizzle juice over arugula; toss gently. Top the pizza with arugula mixture. Cut the pizza into 4 (7 x 5-inch) rectangles; cut each rectangle diagonally into 2 wedges.
This updated version of Artichoke and Arugula Pizza with Prosciutto is based on a recipe that originally ran in Cooking Light, January 2007. The recipe was retested and updated for Cooking Light Crave!, Oxmoor House, 2013.