Artichoke and Tomato Pasta / Better Homes and Gardens
Community Recipe from
- 8 ounce(s) dried pasta, whole grain
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup(s) EVOO
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 28 ounce(s) crushed tomatoes
- 6 ounce(s) marinated artichoke hearts drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- fresh basil leaves
- grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; reserve 1/4 cup pasta water. Return pasta to the pot. Add Parmesan cheese; toss to combine. Add enough of the reserved water that pasta is evenly coated with cheese.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook onion in hot oil over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds more. Add undrained tomatoes, artichoke hearts, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Mash slightly with a wooden spoon.
- 3. To serve, top pasta with tomato mixture and basil leaves. Sprinkle with additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Artichoke and Tomato Pasta / Better Homes and Gardens Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes