Artichoke-and-Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 216
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 10.1g
- Carbohydrate: 32.2g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 497mg
- Calcium: 184mg
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato tidbits
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 3/4 cup drained, coarsely chopped canned artichoke hearts
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian provolone cheese
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water in a large bowl, and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in 1 1/4 cups flour and salt to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes), and add enough remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands. Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Combine tomato tidbits and next 6 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until reduced to 1 1/3 cups, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; let cool.
- Punch dough down, and roll into a 12-inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Place dough on a 12-inch pizza pan coated with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form a rim. Cover; let rise in a warm place 30 minutes.
- Spread tomato mixture evenly over prepared crust, and top with artichoke hearts and cheese.
- Bake at 500° for 12 minutes on bottom rack of oven. Remove the pizza to a cutting board, and let stand for 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes