Artichoke-and-Goat Cheese-Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This company-worthy stuffed chicken is filled with a savory mixture of artichokes and goat cheese instead of a breadcrumb mixture.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed chicken breast half)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 251
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 42.7g
- Carbohydrate: 4.6g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 280mg
- Calcium: 85mg
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke bottoms
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped chives, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind, divided
- 8 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1. Drain artichokes in a colander over a bowl, reserving liquid. Coarsely chop artichokes. Combine artichokes, cheese, 2 tablespoons chives, 1 teaspoon thyme, and 1 teaspoon lemon rind in a medium bowl.
- 2. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff about 1/4 cup artichoke mixture into pockets. Sprinkle chicken with pepper.
- 3. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 breast halves; cook 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and 4 chicken breast halves. Add reserved artichoke liquid, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, and 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind to pan. Combine lemon juice and cornstarch; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return chicken to pan. Cover and simmer 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon sauce over chicken. Top with 2 tablespoons chives.
- carbo rating: 4
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note