Art Smith's Southern Oven Unfried Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) Buttermilk
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 Tbsp of Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1½ cup of whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1½ tsp onion powder
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp hot red pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- Butter-flavored spray oil
- Save & Serve Home · Value Recipes · Savings Center
- At a glance:
- Servings: 4-6
- Active Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 50 min, plus marinating time
- Key Tags:
- buttermilk hot sauce chicken breadcrumbs parmesan cheese onion powder garlic powder paprika
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2. In a bowl, combine buttermilk and hot sauce. Submerge the chicken breasts in the buttermilk marinade. Allow to soak at least 1 hour (up to 24 hours).
- 3. While the chicken is marinating, make the breadcrumb mixture. In a large plastic bag (gallon size), add the breadcrumbs, parmesan, and spices. Shake to blend.
- 4. Using tongs, remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and place directly in the bag of breadcrumbs & spices. Shake the bag well, until the chicken breasts are evenly coated in breadcrumbs.
- 5. Remove the breaded chicken breasts from the bag and lay flat on a lightly oiled sheet pan. Allow to chill uncovered in the refrigerator 30 minutes.
- 6. Lightly coat each chicken breast with spray oil. Bake for 35-40 minutes
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CherylB61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Art Smith's Southern Oven Unfried Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Puddings/Custards