Portugese Rice Pudding
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- Cinamon to Garnish
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 1 slice(s) Lemon Peel
- pinch(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) Short Grain White Rice
- 5 cup(s) Water
- 2 cup(s) whole hot milk (whole)
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil with the lemon peel, butter and pinch of salt.
- Add the rice and let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally. When most of the water has evaporated, add the very hot milk. Simmer for 5 more minutes and add the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg yolks and add a few spoonfuls of the rice mixture to temperate the egg yolks. Then add the now warm egg mixture to the saucepan and stir quickly until even.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by rosedib and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note