Arroz con Pollo (Pujazon)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4-6 chicken thighs, with bones/skin
- 4-6 chicken drumsticks, with bones/skin
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 small can(s) mushrooms, drained
- 2 cup(s) rice
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup(s) water
- 2 can(s) chicken broth
- 1 small can(s) peas, drained
- pimientos, optional
- saffron, optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil and set aside. In same oil, saute onion until soft. Add mushrooms and continue to saute another 2-3 min. Add rice, tomatoes, water, plus salt and pepper to taste. Cook another 5 minutes or so, stirring frequently so rice does not stick to pan. Add a pinch of saffron to give the yellow coloring, stirring to coat.
- Pour rice mixture into a roasting pan. Nestle chicken into rice. Add chicken broth and additional water so covered with 1/4" of liquid. Jiggle pan to settle everything. Add peas and pimientos (if using).
- Cover and bake 1 hour, 15 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by melissaw and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note