Arroz con Pollo (Mexican Chicken and Rice)
Chicken and Rice with the Mexican flavors! This is my original recipe! My mom taught me a basic when i was 9 years old now im 23 years old and feel ive made the right changes to make it perfect! My wife and I love it! I recommend you use a 5qt pan to make this in! i hope you enjoy! if you need to watch out with the salt...use less chicken bouillon. or if you want spicy ..try adding some hot peppers!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 3 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) course black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) basil leaves crushed, use more if you like the basil flavor
- 1/4 onion for flavor. cut in big chunks so you dont have to eat
- 1/2 red bell pepper for flavor. cut in big chunks so you dont have to eat
- 1 cube of chicken bouillon use less if too salty
- salt as desired
- 5 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) long grain rice do not use any instant rice
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1. in 5qt pan melt butter and add cubed cut chicken, onion, and bell pepper and stir till chicken is cooked!
- 2. next add rice and stir till lightly brown.
- 3. add water, tomato sauce, black pepper,garlic powder, ground cumin, chicken bouillon, and basil leaves.
- 4. bring to a boil and then cover pan on a lower heat and stir occasionally till rice is done!
- 5 if water runs out before rice is done add a little slowly.
- 6. enjoy and add salt as desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by nateg20 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note