Arroz con Pollo (Mexican Chicken and Rice)
Chicken and Rice with the Mexican flavors! This is my original recipe! My mom taught me a basic when i was 9 years old now im 23 years old and feel ive made the right changes to make it perfect! My wife and I love it! I recommend you use a 5qt pan to make this in! i hope you enjoy! if you need to watch out with the salt...use less chicken bouillon. or if you want spicy ..try adding some hot peppers!
- 3 chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 3 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) course black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) basil leaves crushed, use more if you like the basil flavor
- 1/4 onion for flavor. cut in big chunks so you dont have to eat
- 1/2 red bell pepper for flavor. cut in big chunks so you dont have to eat
- 1 cube of chicken bouillon use less if too salty
- salt as desired
- 5 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) long grain rice do not use any instant rice
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1. in 5qt pan melt butter and add cubed cut chicken, onion, and bell pepper and stir till chicken is cooked!
- 2. next add rice and stir till lightly brown.
- 3. add water, tomato sauce, black pepper,garlic powder, ground cumin, chicken bouillon, and basil leaves.
- 4. bring to a boil and then cover pan on a lower heat and stir occasionally till rice is done!
- 5 if water runs out before rice is done add a little slowly.
- 6. enjoy and add salt as desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by nateg20 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note