Arroz Con Pollo
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2.5 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken thighs trimmed of fat
- 1.5 cup(s) white wine
- 1 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) capers drained
- 1 1/4 cup(s) white rice
- 1/4 cup(s) pimento stuffed green olives
- 8 ounce(s) can tomato sauce
- 1. Mix wine, vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper together in large ziploc bag. Add chicken and putin fridge at least four hours, up to 12 hours. Rotate every few hours to evenly season meat. When ready to cook, reserve the marinade, it will be added later in preparation.
- 2. In large dutch oven ove rmedium heat, melt 3 tablespoons of butter. Add drained chicken, but do not crowd. Brown first batch on both sides. Remove, keep warm, and repeat with second batch. Remove chicken.
- 3. Add onion and saute until translucent (5-8 minutes). Add tomato sauce, refill can with water and add to onion. Stir to combine. Nestle chicken back in dutch oven and cook, covered for 30 minutes.
- 4. Measure reserved marinade in large pyrex. Add enough water to equal 3 cups liquid.
- 4. Remove chicken from pan, add capers, rice, and reserved marinade mixture. Cook, covered x 20 minutes. When uncover pot, you may need to add more water so that the rice/tomato sauce doesnt burn. Then add chicken to warm. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RBN1122 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note