Arroz con Pollo
This popular South American dish features chicken and rice flavored by sage, peppers, and vegetables.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 5 Minutes
- Calories: 273
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 22.6g
- Carbohydrate: 20.7g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 478mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 6 (5-ounce) chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped sweet onion (about 2 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery (about 6 stalks)
- 1/4 cup seeded and chopped poblano chile (about 1 small)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients; sprinkle evenly over chicken thighs.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned; remove from pan, and set aside.
- 3. Add onion, celery, and poblano to pan; cook 6 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add broth and water; bring to a boil, and stir in rice. Return chicken to pan; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and chicken is done. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note