Arroz Con Pollo
If yellow rice seasoning mix isn't available, substitute yellow rice dinner for long-grain rice.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) package chicken pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 (0.28-ounce) package yellow rice seasoning mix
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Brown chicken, in 2 batches, in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Remove chicken, and drain on paper towels.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic in Dutch oven over medium heat 4 minutes or until tender. Add tomato and next 4 ingredients, and cook, stirring often, 15 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and broth, and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in rice, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Vigo Yellow Rice Seasoning Mix. It can be found with rice mixes at your local grocery.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note