- 1 (3 1/2-pound) package chicken pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 (0.28-ounce) package yellow rice seasoning mix
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
Brown chicken, in 2 batches, in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Remove chicken, and drain on paper towels.
Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic in Dutch oven over medium heat 4 minutes or until tender. Add tomato and next 4 ingredients, and cook, stirring often, 15 minutes.
Add chicken pieces and broth, and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in rice, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 40 minutes or until rice is tender.
NOTE: For testing purposes only, we used Vigo Yellow Rice Seasoning Mix. It can be found with rice mixes at your local grocery.