- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 ounces dried angel hair pasta
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 quart fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped golden raisins
- 3/4 cup frozen petite peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- calories 415
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- protein 12 g
- fat 14 g
- satfat 5.2 g
- carbohydrate 61 g
- fiber 3.9 g
- sodium 141 mg
- cholesterol 19 mg
How to Make It
In a 5- to 6-quart pan over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Break pasta into 1-inch lengths. Add pasta and rice to butter and stir often until golden, about 8 minutes.
Add broth, allspice, and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until rice is tender to bite, 15 to 20 minutes; stir occasionally.
Meanwhile, in an 8- to 10-inch frying pan over medium heat, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Add almonds and stir often until golden, about 5 minutes. Add raisins and stir until they puff, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir peas, parsley, and lemon juice into rice. Cover and simmer until peas are hot, about 3 minutes. Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle with nut and raisin mixture.