1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Break bread into small pieces and place into an 8 in. square or round baking dish.
3. Drizzle the melted butter over the bread. If desired, sprinkle the bread with raisins and pecans.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Whisk vigorously until well mixed.
5. Pour the egg mixture over the bread, lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
6. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
7. Serve warm.
Go to full version of