Arline's Simple & Light Bread Pudding
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 loaf(s) day-old seedless Italian bread broken into pieces
- 2 1/2 tablespoon(s) light butter (or margarine) melted
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins if desired
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped pecans if desired
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 cup(s) fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- 2. Break bread into small pieces and place into an 8 in. square or round baking dish.
- 3. Drizzle the melted butter over the bread. If desired, sprinkle the bread with raisins and pecans.
- 4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Whisk vigorously until well mixed.
- 5. Pour the egg mixture over the bread, lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- 6. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
- 7. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by acash09 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Arline's Simple & Light Bread Pudding Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts