Arkansas Poke Greens
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh, young poke shoots
- 8 slices bacon
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Check poke shoots carefully; remove pulpy stems and discolored spots on leaves. Wash leaves thoroughly; drain well.
- Place poke shoots and water to cover in an 8-quart Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until poke is tender. Drain well and chop. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a medium skillet over low heat until crisp. Drain bacon; reserve 3 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon. Add chopped poke and bacon to bacon drippings; cook over medium heat 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in eggs; cook over medium heat, stirring often, until eggs are firm but still moist. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables