This was an outstanding recipe! The oak gave the steak a wonderful flavor. It took a little longer to char the board than stated. Also, it is easy to overcook the steak because they just look so juicy. 10-12 minutes was spot on for med-rare. Chimichurri sauce was a great addition. I served steak with Corn and Smoked Mozzarella mashed potatoes. Yum!
Argentinean Oak-Planked Beef Tenderloin with Chimichurri Sauce
Photography: Becky-Stayner; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 steak and 1 1/2 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 159
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 23.3g
- Carbohydrate: 5.7g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 977mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- 1 (15 x 6 1/2 x 3/8-inch) oak grilling plank
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- Immerse and soak plank in water 1 hour; drain.
- Prepare grill, heating one side to medium and one side to high heat.
- To prepare steak, sprinkle steaks with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Place plank on grill rack over high heat; grill 5 minutes or until lightly charred. Carefully turn plank over; move to medium heat. Place steak on charred side of plank. Cover and grill 12 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- To prepare sauce, combine parsley and remaining ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth. Serve with steaks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This