- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chile flakes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 sandwich rolls, such as Mexican bolillos
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 fresh Italian-style pork sausages (not hot)
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon sweet smoked Spanish paprika
- calories 559
- caloriesfromfat 58 %
- protein 19 g
- fat 37 g
- satfat 35 g
- carbohydrate 40 g
- fiber 1.6 g
- sodium 967 mg
- cholesterol 38 mg
How to Make It
Mix 2 tbsp. boiling water, the garlic, and chile; let steep 3 minutes. Stir in remaining chimichurri ingredients; season with salt.
Halve rolls and toast, cut side up, in a 350° oven until crisp, about 10 minutes.
Heat oil in a large heavy frying pan over medium heat and add sausages. Cook, covered, turning often, until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Top each with cheese, remove from heat, and cover until cheese melts. Sprinkle with paprika.
Spoon 2 to 3 tbsp. chimichurri onto roll halves and make a sandwich with sausages. Serve with remaining chimichurri.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.
You can easily double or triple the sandwich part of the recipe (one batch of chimichurri, though, will be enough for at least 10 sandwiches).